Policy | Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Updated February 22, 2021
Code of Conduct Purpose -
The purpose of this code of conduct is to ensure a safe and positive environment by instituting a zero-tolerance policy. Calgary Basketball Academy is committed to providing a sport environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Individuals are expected to behave in an appropriate manner consistent with the values of the CBA, basketball and sport. Conduct that violates this code may be subject to disciplinary action. This code of conduct applies to conduct that may arise during the course of CBA business, activities and events, including but not limited to its office environment, competitions, practices, training camps, tryouts, travel and any meetings of the CBA.
Responsibilities - All individuals have a responsibility to:
- Maintain and enhance the dignity and self-esteem of CBA members and other individuals by:
- Demonstrating respect, regardless of body type, physical characteristics, athletic ability, gender, ancestry, colour, ethnic or racial origin, nationality, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, religion, political belief, disability or economic status,
- Focusing comments or criticism appropriately and avoiding public criticism of athletes, coaches, officials, organizers, volunteers, employees and members,
- Consistently demonstrating the spirit of sportsmanship, sport leadership and ethical conduct,
- Consistently treating individuals fairly and respectfully;
- Refrain from any behavior that constitutes harassment, comment or conduct directed towards an individual or group, which is offensive, abusive, racist, sexist, degrading, or malicious; Refrain from any behavior that constitutes sexual harassment, where sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome sexual comments and sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or conduct of a sexual nature; and
- Comply at all times with the bylaws, policies, procedures, rules and regulations of Calgary Basketball Academy.