Covid | CBA Protocol Plan
CBA Protocol and Action Plan for June Sessions
Protocols from Alberta Health Services (AHS) and will be the minimum standard that CBA will follow.
COVID-19 Guidance for Day Cares and Out of School Cares
- From the moment that a vehicle enters the Clear Water Academy parking lot, all occupants of the vehicle must follow AHS social distancing protocols. Failure to do so may result in loss of June Session privileges.
- A copy of Covid-19 Guidance will be available at the gym - taped to wall
- Signage at entrance reminding parents of temperature checks
- Signage at entrance reminding persons not to enter if they are sick (even if symptoms resemble a mild cold - as per AHS standards)
- Ensure that daily records of anyone attending the day camp who stays for 15 minutes or longer (e.g. staff working each day, children, etc.) are kept. Records must be kept up-to-date and available to facilitate contact tracing in the event of an outbreak.
- Provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol content should be placed in all entrances to the program area for use by staff, parents doing pick-ups/drop-offs and other essential visitors.
- The entry and exit protocol for Clear Water Academy is as follows: All players and coaches must enter through the East side double doors only after every member of the prior group has exited the gym. Players waiting for a session to begin must stay in their vehicles until the gym has been cleared. If a player is unable to wait in their car, they are to remain 15 feet back from the doors until the gym has been cleared.
- CBA commits to provide clear guidance to all participating players and coaches, including AHS protocols (posted at each training station - six in total, one at each hoop).
- In the case of an injury to a player, the coaches have access to sterile gloves and a face mask to attend to the injured player.
- Coaches are responsible for disinfecting common areas and surfaces, including door knobs or handles and light switches when leaving their session.
- Complete player health questionnaire before each session and confirm player attendance, including time and date for record keeping purposes.
- Further details can be found in the Coach Protocol document
- All players must immediately sanitize their hands with either their own supplied sanitizer that meets the AHS requirements or the supplied sanitizer
- Each player will be provided a training number for their session. This number will indicate which of the six hoops they will train at in a given session. Players must store their gear and water bottle at this hoop.
- All players who wish to stretch prior to the beginning of a session must do so outside the gym in an area 50 feet away from the entrance
- Players entering the gymnasium will have their hands and basketball sanitized at the cleaning station (managed by the coach) which is located immediately past the East entrance, upon entry
- Coaches will spray sanitizer on the hands of the players and provide players with a lysol wipe for their basketball. Players will dispose of the wipes in the garbage bin at the sanitizing station.
- Players should only bring the following into Clear Water Academy for training sessions: one basketball, one water bottle, one jacket and a pair of indoor training shoes. All players are forbidden to touch any other person’s belongings.
- Players will complete a verbal questionnaire with the coach before being permitted to participate in the session. All questions follow AHS protocol.
- During training, if another player’s basketball bounces or rolls towards a player’s training station (ball from station 1 bounces towards station 5), that player MUST NEVER touch the basketball. Allow it to continue through the station and allow the other player to retrieve their ball following social distancing protocols.